Saturday, January 21, 2012

V1 GOLF

So week three is done and it ended with 21 patients.. I am slowly but surely growing but a lot more work than I ever anticipated and I love it!!! I never knew how much work was involved in the day to day running of a business- scheduling, marketing, finances, returning calls, emails, and texts, meeting with people to just explain exactly what I do as a physical therapist and whether or not therapy is their best option...  But what I have to say topped off my week was this great new App that I downloaded called V1 Golf that can be used to analyze patients' walking and running gait.  It is an amazing tool and only 5 dollars!!!  Every running course I have taken has gone on and on about all the expensive video equipment you should buy to do this and this App does it all right from your phone and then I can sit down with my patients and show them their running form and discuss what imbalances need to be addressed to correct it.  The greatest part is that they can see for themselves what I have been explaining to them is wrong and nothing beats being able to see it for yourself!!!  I believe that one day soon I may be able to say I am catching up with this crazy new technology savy world we all live in:))))  
As for my own training schedule, for the first time in my life training is no longer my number one priority.  I have been able to get in all my workouts so far but most mornings I am up by four and not home until eight  and on any given day who knows exactly when I can hop on my bike or dive in the pool.  It is weird not having it rigidly planned when I will workout and doing it whenever I can but I actually like it.. It is oddly refreshing and when I do head out it is a break from all the craziness and can actually be used as my stress reliever and time to just clear my mind.  Who knows, maybe this will help me to relax a little when it comes to competing and translate to better performances?? We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment